Kodak Kids Lens Helps Reduce the Onset of Myopia in Young Wearers
Designed to reduce the onset of myopia in young people
from 8 to 16 years old, KODAK Kids Lens helps your little ones
to see clearly and keep myopia under control. This is because
accommodative lag is reduced. Hence, there is a large stable
reading area and good peripheral clarity in the distance zone.
Myopia at a glance
Myopia is a refractive condition that occurs when the eyeball becomes elongated, preventing light from focusing on the retina. Close objects are seen clearly, but distant objects appear blurred.
Signs of Myopia in kids
- Holding reading materials close to the face
- Sitting close to the television
- Tilting head or squinting in order to focus
Increased risk of problems
In parts of Asia, up to 80% of the population are believed to be myopic and therefore at increased risk of more serious eye problems.
- Retinal Detachment - mild myopes have a 4 to 6 times greater risk
- Glaucoma - there is an increased prevalence among mild and moderate myopes